Paint to match Dulux trade Vinyl matt, or just use it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

In my kitchen I have used MDF boards all the way round as a splash back, I have primed them and flattened them off, they are now perfect to paint. The rest of the Kitchen is in Dulux Trade Vinal matt, pure brilliant white, and there are some board on the top of the units I have painted in this also, I want the splashback to match this...would you use it for the splash back? the hob will not be near the wall as its in an island...and near the sink I may pace a sheet of glass over the top of the MDF.....will the Vinyl matt be durable enough for the rest?
or should I use something else, but what will match?
Darren

Sponsored Links
Best thing to do is coat over your vinyl matt with an Acrylic Eggshell Varnish.

Really, this will seal it....cool...

what Brand would you say? Dulux I take it...what the correct name so I can pop in the shop and get it.

Is that a perfect smoth finnish varnish?

You can use either Dulux Trade Clearcoat in Gloss. Satin or Matt. Or you can use Dulux Trade Acrylic Eggshell Varnish but thin down by 10%.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks...Acrylic Eggshell Varnish...is this water based?? sorry to sound dim......as I have read the oil based ones can go yellow....and over white would show....

I could not find the spec on the trade site.

Darren

Thank you for all this....Ill go for the clear coat. you dont have a solution to my mini roller question I posted below do you?

Thank you

Darren

I believe that there is an answer to your question but i will get back to you as i believe there is different paint/brush makers that do what you ask. I'll get back to you once i do my home work. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back