Paintbrushes

As Dcdec suggest, there is no such thing as the perfect brush.

I too used to get really annoyed with tips breaking when using natural brushes. The last time I made the mistake of buying natural was a packet of black china Purdys. I hated them from the moment i opened the box. i gave them away the next day.

For years those Purdy Monarch brush sets were the best commonly available but fortunately the other US brands are making in-roads.

The Purdy box set still represents good value but it is a shame that most places only carry them and not the whole of the Purdy range.

Each of the previously mentioned American brands will carry brushes that have characteristics suited to the task in hand, some will be slightly stiffer (or softer) and will carry differing amounts of paint etc.

As is often the case, the brushes are wayyyyy cheaper in the USA. Even the American DIY sheds (home Depot etc) carry promotional boxes of decent brushes. So if you are over there on holiday....

Sponsored Links
ahm.... paint brush is good.. especially
when you change.. it into new if your
going ton paint again..

AHMM hi... opps
im not a spammer..
why you your telling me a spmmer??
im not totally fill up my
profile about these web cause i
go busy last day.. but dont worry..
ill make.. to fill up my profile
so that you cant till me a spmmer

and about my post thats came from
my opinion..

thanks..

Sponsored Links
Not had any problems with Harris myself.

Also had surprisingly good results using B&Q select fine brushes (ones with the black and white handle and white tipped bristles) for glossing trim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back