Painting an old pine bed frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I've recently purchased a pine bed frame for my daughter that she wants painted pink and I would really appreciate some advice on what type of paint to use.

Basically the timer would appear to have a very dull lacquer finish (looks and feels almost like bare timber) and I intend to give it a quick once over with some fine sand paper followed by a coat of primer to suit the top coat/s.

I had intially though of using a Crown Satinwood Paint (brush applied and solvent based) as I don't want a really glossy finish but now I've found something called Plasti-Kote Super Satin spray paint which looks easier to use and appears to be designed for furniture amongst other uses.

I've never used the spray before and would appreciate if anyone could give me any advice.

Thanks in advance.
Alex

Sponsored Links
A spray is expensive and very thin so you get poor coverage. Crown solo satin is a very good choice.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back