What to use to paint a new pine bed (I've no idea!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning I'm new to this so please bear with me!!! I've just purchased a new high sleeper pine bed from Argos for my daughter. I originally wanted the white painted version but it was out of stock. The finish on the bed is like a golden varnish and I wondered if I could use something like rustoleum or chalk paint to give it the finish I want. I've no idea with paint so don't want to make a hash of it, I've heard the rustoleum comes in a spray paint which I can just apply but I'm not sure what preparation is required and how do I keep protected afterwards. Any advice would be gratefully received as I don't want to cancel the order as the daughter wants the bed! Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You should have waited for the painted one to be available.
I think you will need to abrade the varnish & probably give it 2 coats.

Thanks for your reply, I've already cancelled it, gutted as it was the best deal is seen with 20% off but no point spending then money then messing up the paint!!!! Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back