painting external walls

Sponsored Links
I was just going to ask this same question.
Thanks for beating me to it :D

Sheer hard graft:
Use masking tape to mask any brickwork/windows etc,sheet up windows/walls/paths/cars/neighbours cars/windows/dogs (4 legged).
Use a 4" yellow handle masonry brush for cutting in and use a long pile 6" roller (9" could be too heavy) that's best suitable for masonry/dashwork, working out of a paint scuttle if up ladders.
Load the roller generously, don't be skinny with the paint,don't thin if you want good coverage, don't use rubbish paint.
You wont go wrong with Johnstone's Stormshield smooth water-based masonry or Dulux weathershield.
Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Also noticed on the Johnstones website that they do a smooth and a textured masonry paint.

Am I right in saying that we are better off using the textured paint on the pebbledash walls??

m4rky said:
Also noticed on the Johnstones website that they do a smooth and a textured masonry paint.

Am I right in saying that we are better off using the textured paint on the pebbledash walls??

No.

It would be madness to apply textured masanory paint on roughcast/pebbledash.

I've just finished mine using the Dulux weathershield, I did it with a 4" brush, took ages and was knackering but it looks good!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back