Painting Rendering/Pebble Dash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the later stages of having an extension built. The outside walls have been pebble dashed in order to match existing and now need to be painted. However the renderer said that I would need to apply a stabilizer before painting.

Can anyone tell me what a stabilizer is, what it does (presumably fixes the pea shingle?) and where is the best place to get it?? Any info would be appreciated as I've never painted new pebble dash before.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
DONT use stabilsing primer on pea shingle..stabiliser has to absorb into the surface, if it doesnt the paint that you put over it will come off.

Give it a coat of thinned pliolite resin masonry paint (all the lamjor companies do it..its self sealing

Zampa - Many thanks for the info. I've since noticed a lot of other people giving similar advice Re a stabiliser.

Deborahgould - Your advice sounds an awful lot like a sales pitch and you seem to be based in the same part of the country as Alsecco? Also having looked at their website it doesn't appear that they supply products just include them as part of a 'Facade Package'? :LOL:
Perhaps you could let me know where you bought this primer and how much it cost?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Zampa - Many thanks for the info. I've since noticed a lot of other people giving similar advice Re a stabiliser.

Deborahgould - Your advice sounds an awful lot like a sales pitch and you seem to be based in the same part of the country as Alsecco? Also having looked at their website it doesn't appear that they supply products just include them as part of a 'Facade Package'? :LOL:
Perhaps you could let me know where you bought this primer and how much it cost?
Thanks

And also Deborah, did YOU actually use the product like you said you did, or are you just kidding us on, to get a "plug" in for the company? What about some free samples too? Ask your boss. :rolleyes:

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back