Painting OSB3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
My garage has two very old and weather beaten garage doors and that have taken the brunt of the recent winds and and are about to collapse.
I'm hoping make some made to measure doors for them in the spring when I've got a bit more time. But for the time being I'm planning on blocking the door with some OSB3 sheets screwed into the door frame, this is just to stop people getting in that way. What's the best way to paint OSB3 to make it look less conspicuous? The existing doors are black and I'd like to paint the OSB3 black so that it doesn't draw attention until I can make the new doors.
Many thanks
George

Sponsored Links
No, you need to use the right type of brush.

This should do nicely, and like they say a good job is never a quick job.

Paint_Brush_02.jpg

Hello,
My garage has two very old and weather beaten garage doors and that have taken the brunt of the recent winds and and are about to collapse.
I'm hoping make some made to measure doors for them in the spring when I've got a bit more time. But for the time being I'm planning on blocking the door with some OSB3 sheets screwed into the door frame, this is just to stop people getting in that way. What's the best way to paint OSB3 to make it look less conspicuous? The existing doors are black and I'd like to paint the OSB3 black so that it doesn't draw attention until I can make the new doors.
Many thanks
George

Part of my shed / garage is OSB3 painted with bitumen paint which adds the to the water resistance. Paint the cut ends well, since that is where water can get in, even in OSB3.

The best way to paint it ?
With a painting utensil ?
I just used a big brush, which is better at getting "into" the strands than a roller.

Simon.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, I should have phrased my question better. I meant to ask what type of paint should I use. I had heard that certain types could dissolve the glue.
As suggested by Simon is Bitumen paint ok to use?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back