PAINTING PLASTIC SHEETING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I planned on building a new shed this year but obliviously with the current situation its a bit tough. So, i'm patching up the old one and hoping it will get through one last winter. The roof is leaks quite a lot so I've managed to get a free large piece of plastic sheeting to put over the roof which will hopefully help in the winter. My question is:

Is there a way to paint this plastic sheeting as its currently bright green? I was thinking about using some left over grey fence paint mixed with PVA glue to hopefully make it stick to the plastic?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I wouldn’t bother with that idea. Simply get some epdm rubber sheeting and put it over the green board use a solvent glue to stick it down with job done.

PVA won't help you- it won't stick to a non-porous surfaces. If you've got any spare radiator paint or floor paint you might get something that stays on for the summer...or ordinary gloss paint (old oil based rather than the modern stuff should work better). Enamel paint might work but depends what the plastic is (the solvent in the paint might eat it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back