Painting Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The emulsion in my house comes off the wall back to the bear plaster whenever we remove blue tac from the walls, or whenever there is any kind over scrape with a hard object.

The house is only around 7 years old, but was a private build and I assume that the owner either did not seal the new plaster or did it incorrectly.

I have just begun decorating my boys bedroom and following advice have tried to smooth the edges between the plaster and paint with sandpaper.

All I am doing is making the area of bare plaster larger, as the paint at the edges is flaking away!

I know have numerous patches of bare plaster over the whole room - and they all still have "flaking edges"

Originally I thought, Ok looks like all the paint is going to have to come off but three hours in to it with about 5% of the room done (in patches), I thought I better find out whether I'm wasting my time....

Sponsored Links
You will get a better response posting in the painting and decorating section.For my twopennyworth sounds like no mist coat,but get better advice from pros over there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back