Painting Rendered Front Bay-1900's House

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Can u help. 1900 house with a bay, paint and what looks like bitumen on the bay below the window peeling away- so want to re-paint this summer.

guess I should peel off all flaking stuff then apply a new coat of bitumen ? What should I go over the top with. all the front is painted render. what product should I use as the bitumen coat,

Pics attached... Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can paint the bottom with fresh bitumen if you want. goes flat after a while though. If your thinking of painting over the bitumen with anything else then it will have to be sealed. Knotting, Zinnser bin, Stiytic, or similar. Anything shelac based will do.

You can paint the bottom with fresh bitumen if you want. goes flat after a while though. If your thinking of painting over the bitumen with anything else then it will have to be sealed. Knotting, Zinnser bin, Stiytic, or similar. Anything shelac based will do.

Thanks Robbie, Sorry to sound thick but the bitumen -is it what i would fix my shed roof with ?

Derek

Sponsored Links
Could be Bitumonastic - thinner than shed roof repair stuff ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back