Painting Soffits and the Eves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have woodstained soffits and eves (correct spelling?) and because of the height want someone to do the job for me. I have a 3 bed detached house and have no idea what this sort of job entails in terms of cost etc. Is it feasible to ask anyone here what sort of pricing I can expect please ?

Sponsored Links
Can someone pass me a bit of string to measure?

I'm holding up a piece of string the right length...see? :)

So price depends mainly on ...well...distance then ? If I could measure it I could reach it and paint it myself :D

Estimate 126ft.....

Its difficult gazza...without even seeing it makes it very difficult..even to guess,

Id get a few quotes...but get people round to have a look at it, don ask for phone quotes..if they are silly and unprofessional enough to give you one they will obviously cover themseves by racking the price up a bit..you may then pick the cheapest quote and still end up paying over the odds.

Most painters are very busy now..so expect a few 'take it or leave it' prices until the summer ends and the work drops off.

I would make sure of one thing though...they all have insurance, accidnts happen easily on outsides and you could end up either severely out of pockey or face having to go to court.

Hopes this helps...

Sponsored Links
Thanks Zampa that makes sense. I would always want to check things out myself, do I need scaffolding etc etc all affects price. The high eves are difficult to get at so I will take you advice and get a few quotes.

I like doing most things myself but this is one job I will avoid. Its not that I'm scared of heights...its the falling that scares me :LOL:

Falling is quite a nice feeling...its hitting the ground that isnt pleasant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back