Painting/Staining a marble fireplace.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We just bought a house and do not like the color of the marble fireplace. Just wondering what our options might be and what products we might choose. Can we paint it? What kind of primer and paint should we use? Will the heat from the fireplace affect the paint? Is acid staining an option? Thank you for your time.
B. Wright

Sponsored Links
Hi B. Wright
I saw your comment posted last year looking for advice on painting a marble fireplace. I am currently considering a similar project and I was wondering if you had managed to complete your project and if so could you give me some advice?
Kind regards
Maurice O'Connell

i doubt if you will get a reply, this section is closed, and as you said "i saw the post last year" (22 months ago), and that was the only post b Wright ever made

Thanks Brezzer...worth a try anyway, seems to be an impossible subject to get info on.

Sponsored Links
I know uts 3 years delay on this link, but better answered than never answered, hehe. Here is the product you want "Fireplace Paint" Transform your new or existing fireplace into an elegant stone feature using Fireplace Stone Coating.

Fireplace Stone Coating is a water-based paint specially formulated for application onto fire surrounds. Made from real ground stone to give you a truly authentic and quality stone finish.

Apply onto wood & wood finished surrounds, MDF, plaster, brickwork, existing stone, concrete, tiles, marble and most new or old fireplaces.

Click on this link for further info http://www.charlesproducts.co.uk/fireplaces.htm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back