Painting the Garage Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can craftsmen please advise on the best preparation and type of paint to use for a domestic garage floor that will be used for a workshop, the floor construction is concreate and is dry.

Many Thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
I would recommend you acid etch the floor first if its been power floated.

You have a choice of floor paints...two pack oil...two pack water based epoxy resin single pack water based...single pack oil

I would personally go for the single pack water based I used it recently and its very good.

Whatever one you use make sure you thin the first coat out by about 15-20% so it soaks into the surface as opposed to just sitting on it. (which will lead to it flaking at some point)

Use a roller and apply it sensibly..ie dont hump it on leaving puddles of it..they will crack.

Jonstones make a decent range.

Dont when the weather is fair...not when its likely to freeze..water based paints take longer to dry in cold conditions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back