Garage Floor Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I plan on buying a new build home and would like to paint the garage floor. I believe the best way is to seal the floor first and then paint over. Can anyone advise the best paint/sealant, will it be specific to a garage floor or any concrete sealer. The paint and sealer seems quite expensive and wondered if I am going about it the correct way.

Any specfic types.models of paint would be good if allowed on the forum.

It is a single garage and the idea is to keep dust to a minimun.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Ok, The concrete will be rough finish so hopefully wont need the etch it but do I need to use a sealent with this paint?

Or is it better to just use a thinned down coat on bare concrete then a normal strength coat on top?

Sponsored Links
OK I wont drive a car in and out it is just used for storage for tumble dryer, outdoor furniture, kids outdoor toys etc, so a thinned down coat and then normal strength on top may suffice, I will consider my options, thanks

If it's only light traffic then international do a garage floor paint. If their floor paint is anything like the quality of their tile paint then it could be a genuine option. Hopefully some one will have used it on here and can give some input on the quality and longevity of the product!

Here's a link with application instructions;
http://www.international-paints.co.uk/how_to/articles/paint_garage_floor.jsp

If it's only light traffic then international do a garage floor paint. If their floor paint is anything like the quality of their tile paint then it could be a genuine option. Hopefully some one will have used it on here and can give some input on the quality and longevity of the product!

http://www.international-paints.co.uk/how_to/articles/paint_garage_floor.jsp[/QUOTE]

Me! I've used it and it was pretty tough. Its been 15 down years now and it's just starting to look a bit tired.

Keeping a car in a garage? That's a bit radical, isn't it? Where would I keep all my decorating stuff?! :confused:

http://www.international-paints.co.uk/how_to/articles/paint_garage_floor.jsp[/QUOTE]

Me! I've used it and it was pretty tough. Its been 15 down years now and it's just starting to look a bit tired.

Keeping a car in a garage? That's a bit radical, isn't it? Where would I keep all my decorating stuff?! :confused:

It's amazing as the only thing that doesn't go in a garage nowadays is a car! :LOL:

It's amazing as the only thing that doesn't go in a garage nowadays is a car! :LOL:

That's nothing! You should see what's in my loft. And my parents' loft is even worse. My mother has kept margarine tubs of tumble dryer fluff up there for the last three decades, just in case someone discovers a use for it one day.

Suggestions welcome! (But only from polite members...) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back