Painting unprimed walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter has recently moved into a newly refurbished terrace house with all the newly plastered walls painted in magnolia. She has just painted over the walls with a colour of her choice but she is finding that the paint is scratching off very easily. I asked her if it scraped off easily before she painted it and she said that it did. I am assuming that a mist coat wasn't applied before the original coat. Is it too late to apply a primer now that two coats have already been applied or does she have to sand it right back to the bare plaster and start again?

Sponsored Links
Morrissey, good evening.

Question? was the original Magnolia matt or did the emulsion have a sheen indicating either eggshell or something?

Ken.

Hi Ken, thanks for your reply, the original coat was Matt, the one she has added was Matt also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back