painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
christ I need help toooooooo I have new plasterd walls and this is what I am using........ Trade dulux V Matt, a short fibre ICI centre roller, and a 2" brush, not a pure bristle one, as on the dulux site it stated water based is best with out? does anyone agree?

Anyway Im trying to cut it!!!!! I have thined the paint around 20% for the mist coat, and I try a small area, I cut iin around 2" top and right corner...brush marks are bad...I try more paint...and less still not good!.

say from the top of a wall to the bottom, in a corner I will hold the brush normally on the first sweep and the tilt it on the next? I roller up close but the marks are still there..

Bloody stuff.....is it my brush? or just me of both.... it a nice 2" ultimate finish from B&Q..

cutting in is hard, very for me...Im trying just one wall at a time and not letting it dry but it is still not that good...brush marks....

HELP

Sponsored Links
Maybe i`ve read ya wrong "breezer", but my question is, is the "bristle" on the brush of synthetic material !

Sponsored Links
yes it is synthetic, on the fact sheets on the Dulux site it stated this for water based........ Zampa has said no go for pure........

Dam thing looked nice and felt really soft........... people are saying between 2"-3" brush for cutting in.

whats THE brand to go for?

I find the best (price etc.....) brushes for water/oil based paints is Mangers Contractor Brush Set.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hamiltons brushes are great brushes, though stay away from synthetic ones................................

ok, thanks......I liked the sound of that purdy brush "pre worn for cutting in"

Darren

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back