Best paint brushes and rollers please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking to buy some decent paint brushes and rollers. The paint brushes i have are not the best and I am trying to avoid those awful brush mark i seem to get (it could be my painting skills tho). The brushes will be used for water based paints mainly for skirting boards etc and the rollers are for plastered walls. Any advice and preferences please?

Sponsored Links
Purdy and Wooster are my preferred brands for brushes and rollers. Corona and Picasso are good too. (IMO) American brushes are still better than UK brushes.

I would recommend Purdy Spring Elite or Wooster Pro Ultra brushes for the woodwork.

The Floetrol paint additive will help the waterbased woodwork paint to flow.

+1 for Wooster brushes. I have a variety of Gold Edge and Silver Tip, the former are a bit firmer.

Rollers, meh, I don't notice a huge difference between the various brands. Used a variety of Purdy, Wooster and Hamilton recently, all stood up pretty well compared to the cheapo ones.

Sponsored Links
+1 for Wooster brushes. I have a variety of Gold Edge and Silver Tip, the former are a bit firmer.

Rollers, meh, I don't notice a huge difference between the various brands. Used a variety of Purdy, Wooster and Hamilton recently, all stood up pretty well compared to the cheapo ones.

I was so pleased when Screwfix started selling the Wooster silver tip box set, that was until I purchased a box. I hated them.

I currently buy my Wooster Ultra Pros from Amazon via the USA. Providing you only buy one per order you don't need to worry about import duties and with postage they still workout cheaper than anyone I can find over here.

IMO the Purdy Sprig is on par with the Wooster Ultra Pro. The Amazon USA price is still the cheapest option though.

Thank you all for your replies think I will go with the purdy. Hopefully a good investment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back