which roller and brush set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am looking to buy some new painting gear for diy but i am fed up with cheap sleeves that leave bits everywhere i paint, can anyone recommend what the best type roller and brushes to buy for diy but a good set, thanks

Sponsored Links
Spend at least £4 on a medium to deep pile roller sleeve from a trade outlet .As for brushes - A Hamiltons perfection 2"(woodwork) or Contractor 3"(for emulsion )
You might find a decent Harris or Acorn for a bit less

Would also recommend you get a 12" arm and pole. Makes all the difference.

Sponsored Links
No particular make, depends opn 'feel' really , though Hamiltons are good - expensive though ;)

While you're looking at getting decent brushes, I recommend you get Brushmate - saves you having to clean brushes out after each use. Accidently left a couple of gloss and undercoat used brushes in one for a bit over a year and they came out ready for use as fresh as a daisy.

have you got a price and outlet for brushmate, thanks
That trade1st has got it - get a small one for about £15 I think. Or any proper decorator's shop (not BQ etc) like leyland will probably have it.

Brush mates are brilliant- I have loads of them!!!

The only criticism I have of them is that Wooster brushes fall off of the clips in the Brushmate 4

Purdy and Wooster brushes and rollers are great and ready to use straight from the packing- no need to de-fluff them first.

Extension poles for rollers are a must. No more climbing steps and you can use two hands (making it much less like hard work).

Periodically mist spray the roller to prevent it from drying out and store the loaded tray and roller in a bin bag when not in use. If the bag is airtight the roller will be safe for weeks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back