Panasonic Microwave burning up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all

I have a 3 yr old Panasonic microwave virtually identical to:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4260657/Trail/searchtext>MICROWAVE.htm

Problem is, some of the times I use the microwave I get a small fire/overheating problem in it.

Inside the mocrowave itsellf is some knid of metal plate that appears to cover something (maybe an element of some kind?). The overheating occurs on this plate, when cold the plate has a burn patten on it.

The overheating ranges from a glowing of the burn area as the microwave is on, to a small fire nearly starting on the plate.

Any ideas anybody? Is it a case of replacing this plate maybe?
Much appreciated ;)

Sponsored Links
you're sure it is a metal plate, not a translucent mica plate, that might be held in place with a couple of small screws and is replacable?

If they are left dirty with bits of food, they will overheat and be damaged.

Yes JohnD it was the translucent mica plate.

Took it to a local repair shop, he cleaned the 'element' that emits the microwaves + cut another plate for me + slotted it in.......as good as new + all done for a fairly reasonable £20.

Repair guy said try to keep it clean in the future + should be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back