Panorama undercover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000tqjj.

But still the sheeple will say “the numbers are correct”
But still the sheeple will say “ its another crackpot making things up”
But still the sheeple will say “that proves nothing “

But still the sheeple know better than experts in their field.

Panorama goes undercover inside a lab analysing thousands of Covid-19 tests per day. Secretly filmed footage reveals a failing service with shoddy practices, where staff complain they are under pressure to meet targets despite the lab often running well below capacity.

The programme discovers there have been three outbreaks of coronavirus among staff and that social distancing is poorly maintained. Test samples sometimes arrive poorly packaged and labelled, with equipment frequently malfunctioning, leading to contamination of results. The programme also discovers that tests, including some intended to find new variants of coronavirus, have been wrongly discarded or lost.

Sponsored Links

But still the sheeple know better than experts in their field.

That's the theory, but ky doesn't address my point, which is that false negatives aren't being looked for routinely so any false negatives that occur will not be picked up.

The labs aren't running samples twice (especially the lighthouse labs, I've heard whispers their quality control is below the ideal). Poor sampling, which is the main cause of false negatives when it has been examined (even in hospitals), won't be picked up by any routine process.
You don't really get the scientific process, science accepts the potential for mistakes and learns from it.

I'm just a random person on a bulletin board and I heard the rumblings. The experts were probably complaining a year ago to the Tories who insisted on going for a centralised parallel system rather than scaling out the existing PHE labs. We discussed this at the time.

Well said John.

So why do you think you know better than all the experts advising governments around the world.
I don’t,I’m providing solid evidence for my beliefs where as the sheeple provide evidence that has been proven wrong. Bbbbaaaaahhhhh

Sponsored Links
You don't really get the scientific process, science accepts the potential for mistakes and learns from it.
You mean like not taking the time to do a fully researched testing program for a mass worldwide vaccination process?

Of course in future it will be different according to borisconi...

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson has joined more than 20 world leaders in calling for a new global settlement to help the world prepare for future pandemics."

"Another pandemic or health crisis is a matter of "not if, but when"

"And the pandemic has shown that "nobody is safe until everyone is safe"

Sounds like another cog in the 'great reset' is being turned!

Ahhh the conspiracists MO....set up a strawman.

John, in a pandemic situation test and trace gives useful information on community infection, it's obvious it's not terribly accurate, but it's still useful because it's an indicator.

You are desperately trying to claim the panorama program is a smoking gun, it isn't.

Instead of using public health bodies to track and trace they decided to do it their own way. Then they established lighthouse testing labs who now cannot deal with the numbers of tests and now are asking the NHS to bail them out. On top the public procurement of PPE - contracts for friends?

Why was there need to bring in private providers - what exeprience does Deloitte have of managing public health?

But it's the fault of people not following the rules. This pandemic response and the rise in the cases is due to in large parts the current Government.
Congratulations SirG, you spotted the potential for this problem well in advance.

Sounds like another cog in the 'great reset' is being turned!

Oh come on Ellal, you are bright enough to know that "great reset" stuff is utter bolox.

You do know Trump supporters believe in that garbage.

Yes we know the Tory party have been making money out of the pandemic, but that's opportunistic rather than any deliberate plan.

Govts around the world all have their own agenda, they do not collude in a great reset....use your brain.

Congratulations SirG, you spotted the potential for this problem well in advance.

The NHS has a well set up system for lab testing using local labs - but the Tory govt ignored them because there was no money to be had. So they delayed testing during the first lockdown while they threw money at private providers......capitalist greed at its best

The NHS has a well set up system for lab testing using local labs - but the Tory govt ignored them because there was no money to be had. So they delayed testing during the first lockdown while they threw money at private providers......capitalist greed at its best
Yes, it's easy to say that now Panorama have done an expose on it, but where were you in October 2020 saying the lighthouse labs were a mistake!?

Oh, yes, here you are:
Interestingly I know a clinician in a medway hospital -they are getting loads of operation cancelled -patient gets covid test, test results never arrive in time for operation.

my local hospital trust has set up their own testing lab and can get results immediately

my nephew is at Southhampton uni -theyve bought a PCR covid test machine and are able to test very frequently

i think the UK needs to set up local testing and ignore the lighthouse labs
Yeah, guess you had a point.

Can we retitle this thread 'We told you so'?

I said:
That'll only happen in a hospital setting, which is also where false negatives are least likely as the main area for mistakes are poor sampling and the second is the slightly less capable lighthouse labs compared to the NHS ones that are used for hospital tests.

Can we retitle this thread 'We told you so'?

Sadly John won't be interested.

Conspiracists disappear rather quickly when their claims get examined.....and they quickly move onto the next conspiracy claim.

The danger of false positives has been discussed before, but I can't be bothered to search for those posts.

You can also work out a decent worst case boundary analysis by taking the number of positive cases at the lowest day of the Covid-19 pandemic and assuming they're all false positives, then dividing the number of total tests by that value. That gives you a percentage of possible false positives that you could subtract from the positive results numbers.

Something tells me John the plumber won't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back