Part number for heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got an Ariston Microgenus combi boiler for which I need to buy a new secondary heat exchanger - I have two part numbers, one which corresponds to the 23kW version and one for the 28kW version apparently - problem is I cant work out which one I need.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not that I'm a genius, but if your boiler is the 23Kw version, then you need the 23Kw plate HE, or 28 if a 28 :confused:

Check the GC number if for some reason you don't know what you've got.

thank you for that enlightening response! I suppose I should have asked the question:

"How do I tell if my boiler is the 23 or 28kw version"

I cant see any indication of which it is. What is the GC number?

Gas Council number.

Should be on the data plate, but where Ariston put this I do not know.

I have very little to do with Aristons, out of choice.

Sponsored Links
Should be on the data plate, but where Ariston put this I do not know.

I have very little to do with Aristons, out of choice.

you snob dave. :LOL:

some aristons dont have the GC on them. most are on the silver sticker left hand side of outer case.

on this one. think data plate is on the inside of the front panel. could be two quick release latches on the top to take this off.

Hey - thans, you mean on the inside of the plastic control panel? THere is a bar code printed on the side of the left panel too. Once I know the GC number, how do I work out if its the 23 or 28kw version?

I suspect its the 23 as the bloke who owned the house before me was a tight bastard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back