Patientline PLC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Patientline PLC is the company which provides TV screens and telephones in hospitals for patients to use at the bedside.

Incoming calls to the patient cost the caller about 35p per minute as a premium rate!

The share price used to be about 30p but have steadily fallen and closed today at only 1.85p

They have never made any profit and lose over £10m per annum in spite of the extortionate call charges.

I have received TWO spam emails tonight encouraging me to buy their shares.

One of these spam emails was sent FROM OUR OWN DOMAIN NAME !!!

Is there really no way to stop a failing UK based PLC from adopting these spamming tactics ?

This is no Far Eastern fake watch seller!

Tony

Sponsored Links
the "buy their shares" mail is probably not from the company itself.

More likely some boiler room.

It might also be part of a "share tipping" scam. Random tips are sent out. The people who receive tips that, by chance, come good will be lulled into thinking that the tipster has good inside information. A similar random tipping scam used to be common on racecourses. If you make enough random tips, some of them are bound to come good, and the recipients will feels positive and grateful to the scammer.

It may or may not come from the Company itself.

The actual situation of the shares is that they have fallen from about 60p down to their current 1.85 p perhaps as they have continued to make losses of about 20% of their turnover. Perhaps they are not seen as ever likely to become viable.

I have had another two this morning all from different apparent email addresses. But none are implying an on going tipping service just a random buy advice.

If it is not the Company itself then it might be an individual who has bought a big package and is trying to up the price by tipping them via spam in the hope enough people will buy them to increase the price and enable him to make a big turn. In the smaller companies you dont need many purchases to have a significant effect on the price.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hear hear........a close relative came out of hospital a few years ago with a colostomy bag and enough poxi tv. cards to fill 2 of them ........I was minded@ the time to send the bags to the MD of the rip off company including their proper contents :evil:

Back