Patio cleaners & jointing sand stabiliser?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a block paved drive down for the past 5 years and once a year i treat with path clear and rake out moss between the joints.
I've always avoided pressure washing because it removes a lot of sand and can also remove the finish coat from man made bricks and flags.

I have noticed now that the drives lost a lot of colour due to algae and want to remove it, so what is the best method? Some say bleach or jeyes fluid with a stiff brush. I also have one of the round patio cleaning attachments for my karcher, do these still damage the finish coat?

After I've cleaned it I'm going to brush in some more sand and wondered if anyone has used jointing sand stabiliser?

Sponsored Links
Use Hypochlorite bleach mixed with water.

4 part water to 1 hypochlorite. add a good squeeze of shampoo.

Pre wet the surface, Watering can it on and give it a light stiff brush.

Leave it for 20 mins and then brush it again. dont let the surface dry out during the 20mins so mist it if needed.

Then hose off thorougly. CARE WITH RUN-OFF IT WILL KILL PLANTS/GRASS

Sponsored Links
Its a stronger bleach called hypochlorite. available from builders merchants usually

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back