patio flooding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having only moved into my house in August last year i have only just noticed in the last few weeks that my patio floods. My garden is two tiered. (lower) patio outside the back door with a 4ft wall to the second grass level.

with no drains in the rear of my garden what is the best option to deal with the water?

At the moment the patio is paving slabs that have been cemented down. Would replacing this with a permeable alternative help or would i have to add a soak away.

One other thing that is cause for concern is that my garage sits 4ft lower than my house and water often seeps into the garage pooling at one end. So would i have to take more drastic action do prevent this.

Any help or advice would be greatly welcomed

Sponsored Links
Put a drain in the lower part of the garden/patio. You do not provide enough information to suggest how this could be achieved.
I do not think that you can just divert this water, either onto a neighbor's property or on to the highway.

Sponsored Links
Any chance of a photo? A soakaway does not sound possible if your garden slopes toward the house significantly.

It seems like this water need to be collected via drainage of some sort. Are there any gulleys nearby?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back