pattern imprinted concrete colour consistency

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right just had my drive done, same as did the neighbours 3 years ago, and they sealing it on Friday.

However now its dry parts of it are darker in places than others (see pic)

Am I being fussy or once the sealer is down it will look better or at worse there was enough put down in the first place.

Second Picture was taken about 10mins ago so is getting abit dark out

Sponsored Links
Wait and see what the finished article is like and then complain if you still think it isn't right. The sealant makes all the difference to the finished look.

BTW how high above this concrete is your DPC?

Did the contractor remove the old path/drive?

In the photo it looks like your dpc is only one course of brick above the concrete. The paving/ground level(It should be noted that breaches of the 150mm rule are the sort of thing that is noticed by Surveyors) should always be at least 75mm below the DPC(which it looks to be). Anything less than that is just asking for trouble.

Seems to be a big difference between the blue and grey.

Sponsored Links
Wait and see what the finished article is like and then complain if you still think it isn't right. The sealant makes all the difference to the finished look.

BTW how high above this concrete is your DPC?

Did the contractor remove the old path/drive?

In the photo it looks like your dpc is only one course of brick above the concrete. The paving/ground level(It should be noted that breaches of the 150mm rule are the sort of thing that is noticed by Surveyors) should always be at least 75mm below the DPC(which it looks to be). Anything less than that is just asking for trouble.

Think the photo might not be the best,

Just took a tape measure and its two bricks below the DPC around 6in, the new drive is lower than the old one, not be much but is defo lower.

Can't understand why the first image is imprinted and not coloured. :confused:
Or have you went for a two tone jobby.

Cowboys?

Can't understand why the first image is imprinted and not coloured. :confused:

Cowboys?

Not cowboys done neighbours 5 years ago and looks like new and seen other work they have done, In person not pictures, I am not clued up if its coloured right hence why I am asking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back