Paving Seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, been reading numerous posts about sealing block paving. I am heading towards the Poly based seal like Resiblock. My brindle block paving was laid about 5 years ago and is due a jet wash and re-sand but want to seal it this time round.
Im after a gloss/wet finish (2 coats?) so any advice appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I’ve used Resiblock on our driveway (Marshall’s Tegula) albeit quite a few years ago. I went for the satin/Matt option and I was suprised just how much I needed and how expensive it was as a result. (I think I needed something like 25 litres and would say I could have used more as the blocks were very porous and definitely need 2 coats)

My thoughts are that whilst the drive looked good for say a year, it didn’t stop weeds growing between the blocks and the finish deteriorated relatively quickly. Certainly not the 5 years they suggested. I didn’t want to spend Another few hundred pounds so I’ve now resorted to an annual wash down and resand!

if you still want to go with Resiblock their service was good and they’ll send you some samples and also push for a discount as they did provide something like 30% off and free carriage for me.

I’ve used Resiblock on our driveway (Marshall’s Tegula) albeit quite a few years ago. I went for the satin/Matt option and I was suprised just how much I needed and how expensive it was as a result. (I think I needed something like 25 litres and would say I could have used more as the blocks were very porous and definitely need 2 coats)

My thoughts are that whilst the drive looked good for say a year, it didn’t stop weeds growing between the blocks and the finish deteriorated relatively quickly. Certainly not the 5 years they suggested. I didn’t want to spend Another few hundred pounds so I’ve now resorted to an annual wash down and resand!

if you still want to go with Resiblock their service was good and they’ll send you some samples and also push for a discount as they did provide something like 30% off and free carriage for me.

Thanks mate. I’ve ordered some wet shield polyurethane from Internet. Will try and use it next week. I did think about resiblock but the cost would have done me. This stuff I got 20L for £60

Sponsored Links
That’s much cheaper ! Worth trying and see how you get on. Make sure you apply liberally to ensure good coverage and also with the wind to your back to avoid it landing on you !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back