Paving slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my house 3 years an I've only just finished doing the inside. Now the outside. However money is extremely tight. I have a dog and this grass is not ideal. I want to get bog standard slabs down (easy to maintain). I've thought about pea shingles but to be honest they would do my head in moving all over the place. I got a quote of £1500 to lay the slabs. This includes labour and materials which I think is good. The guy knew I'm broke and said the majority of that price is removing the grass and taking it away. My question is if I was to do this myself would I just need to dig up the grass and that's it or do I nee to kill the grass then dig it up in preparation for sub base? Anything I can do to save money would be great thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links
Just dig out the grass/soil to the depth needed - load it into a skip. It might be a slightly cheaper skip for soil because they can resell the soil. Certainly worth saying to the skip co.;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back