Pebbledash rendering - Basic info required!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for basic information of pebbledash rendering if anyone can help!

I require information on what materials used/maintenance of render ect ect.
It doesn't have to be too indepth as it is for a report for university but as much info as you can give me!

Let me know

Thanks

Sponsored Links
"needhelpforessay" you will find a certain amount of hostility here from people who think they are being asked to do your homework for you, and that you should either have paid more attention during lectures, or read your text books, or even done an internet search yourself.

Dont be so nasty guy's.

I will tell you how to do it.

First mix a load of render. Second, stick it on the wall. Thirdly, Paint it a nice pretty colour.

Easy in it

That deserves a few pints the next time your in the bar Eh Lad

Sponsored Links
I went to a Red Brick University ........I`ve never been in a pebbledashed one ........tho` the latrines @ mine were often pebbledashed .......dashed if I know where to suggest you look :LOL:

Good advice from Diyisfree.....excuse the others..pebbledashing is a closely guarded trade secret, but I'll let you in on a few of them for your essay ;)

Do as Diyisfree says with the render...you can paint if you like or add a dye to the mortar previously, but the trick is to dash the pebbles at the right time...you can use a machine, but this is the lazy way and you don't get such a good spread. Once the render is just right to take the pebbles, which takes years of experience to judge correctly.....that's a whole other lesson :cool:...you get enough qualified pebble dashers together. Darts players often pebble dash to help subsidise their beer money...as you can probably guess from their bellies, this can be quite a lucrative business, but that's because there's such an art to it! Anyway, once you've got the dashers together, I usually use a team of 10-12, they're all lined up on the top scaffold boards(we reinforce ours, as we employ only the best, which naturally tend to be the heaviest) each with a bucket of pebbles at the ready, they throw the pebbles at just the right speed so that they embed nicely into the render, but not to hard to either go too deep or pull the render from the wall. You'd be surprised how quickly an experienced team can complete a job....and they have to work fast before the render sets and the pub shuts! We usually cover 1-2 metre heights at a time.

Well, that's enough pointers for you to be going on with......do come back and let us know how well you did in your essay...and don't be put off if your lecturers haven't heard of this method, as it's been passed down from father dart-player to son dart-player, with an oath of secrecy. I'm sure I'll be barred from my local if they ever find out...don't tell anyone else, okay? :D Good luck! :D

noodlz

What an excellent tip. I always wondered why the darts team at my local always seem to be weighted down with pockets of darby spur :LOL:

Does that help counteract the possibility of falling over if they lean to far towards the board ? or simply they had a few pebbles left over and didn't want to cause a mess leaving them on site So considerately took them home to put in the bin ;)

All the above is quite true.

A pro team of dasher's are very hard to find.

I had a team on site once, everything was in place, pebbles at the ready (hand picked pebbles at that). I gave the order to dash....

And they dashed, haven't seen them since.

Still, at least i saw a full team together, which i am sure others will agree is a rare sight. :D

JohnD said:
"needhelpforessay" you will find a certain amount of hostility here
I'm very pleased to see that I was mistaken :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back