pelican shelf brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I'm a complete newbie to DIY, it's not something i really have much interest in i'm afraid. However i wish to mount a shelf on which to put my flatscreen TV. The only problem is that the desired mounting area for the shelf doesnt have much space below the desired mounting height in which to attach normal l shaped brackets. I've looked around and came accross these things called pelican brackets, but i wonder about the strength of them - it appears they only support the shelf at the back and TVs are not the lightest of items, even flatscreen ones.

Like i say i dont really know anything about any of this stuff but i was hoping someone may have some experience with them and would be able to confirm my suspciions or put my mind at ease before i purchase some.

Also, if the pelican bracket would not be suitable what other options do i have as far as a mounting bracket which does not require much space below the shelf?

Thanks in advance,
Porps

Sponsored Links
Mount the L bracket upside down?
Or use a tv bracket to mount directly to wall.

good idea with the upside down l bracket, i suppose even upside down it will be stronger than pelican brackets :) ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back