Perforated land drain into aco drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm currently looking into installing a perforated land drain in my back garden as the grass is becoming a boggy mess. I currently have an aco drain along the side of the patio which leads into the house gutter drain which is close to the edge of the grass. This drain is the only option for routing the water from the land drain to.

Given that the aco drain has a pipe adapter, would it be a stupid idea to hook the land drain pipe into this connector instead of digging up the pipe beneith the aco drain to hook the perforated pipe into?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Sponsored Links
The grass is uphill from the drain, so the aco drain is at the lowest point at the back of the house house.

I’d run it in then as you say. 95% of ACO connections to drains are bodged anyway so as longs as the falls are right it will be fine.

I need to drain a flooded lawn at my daughters new house.

Sponsored Links
Ha fair enough. Would you say this is bad practice to do this? The only reason i'm suggesting it is the aco drain pipe inlet is facing the direction where the perforated pipe would be coming from and is on the right level.

Not bad, you’ll have a membrane round your flexi pipe to stop silts getting in the ACO and underground drain and you won’t have anything smelly into it.

I worked on a new build last week and the ACO’s had 40mm outlets horizontally on the ends. The ACO’s on my own house are ontoP of bottle gullys and just have holes drilled through the bottoms. Most others just smash the side off a clay gully top and bodge them in that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back