Performa 28 - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. The hot water function on my Potterton Performa 28 has stopped working. The main dial is set to central heating and hot water. The central heating works fine , but very luke warm water . All lights are on except the hot water light ( as one would imagine) . Can anyone help please ?

Sponsored Links
HW flow valve diaphragm could be damaged, or the rod stuck. If this is OK can you check the flowswitch continuity?

Do you get any flashing lights?

I dont know how to check what youve asked , unfortunately , but there are no flashing lights.

Bottom left hand corner round brass thing with a microswitch on it facing you when HW demanded pin comes out the middle and hits microswitch if pin does not come out diaphragm has gone

Sponsored Links
I dont know how to check what youve asked , unfortunately , but there are no flashing lights.

You don't have the manual then?

You could also check that the filter and flow reg are clean. This is under the pump.

Its not possible to repair boilers without a certain level of ability even if you did know what the problem is.

In this case you might be better offf getting a professional to diagnose and repair your boiler.

Tony

Thanks folks . Ill have a look at it. I do realise that this is a DIY site and thus implies a level of willingness and self belief to be able to have a go myself. I suppose I thought it may be a simple / stupid thing Id missed. But many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back