Permitted Development on rural sloping land

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, we have a smallholding in the country. The domestic land around the house is 1 acre and the Agricultural land is 2.5 Acres.

All of the land is steeply sloping. Over the past 20 years of ownership have built several outbuildings in the garden part. All needing digging the land level to do so. There is nothing in the local rural planning advice to say you cant do so under permitted development. One couldn't build a shed or garage with the slope as it would be un level and silly.

All buildings need to be level so cut into the slope. Are there any restrictions regarding outbuildings on sloping land as I cant see any other way of building outbuildings without cutting the land on a slope level. I know the rule states 2.5m eve height from the highest point and 4m to the top of duel pitched. But that accounts for mainly town areas!

Sponsored Links
I suspect that this would be deemed engineering works, but I might be mistaken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back