Peugeot 206 washer bottle

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have an '03 petrol 1360cc 5-door with aircon

I topped up the washer fluid a few days ago, today I saw the level was down 8" so I topped it up again, and realised it is dripping out. The bottle has a neck pipe on it so that the filler cap is raised above the other components, the fluid is leaking out where this neck is joined to the main bottle. I can see some kind of plastic clip which is probably meant to hold them together, but I couldn't get my hand in the gap. It seems to be leaking from the side opposite the clip, but I can wiggle it and it is clearly loose.

Anyone have experience of this?

Sponsored Links
Very common indeed - usually the filler neck is held to the bottle with a bayonet system...twist to remove, etc.
John :)

it doesn't seem to - do you mean on a 206 in particular?

The 106 and 205 were like that....with the bottle suspended under the plastic wheel arch liner?
Maybe its been changed mate - sorry - don't have a 206 in at the mo.
Maybe just a click in type then - maybe with an 'o' ring?

Sponsored Links
I managed to crush my paw into the tiny gap and release the clip (not even the incredible hulk could do it with his thumb) and get the neck off. It has an O-ring, which was kinked. Probably when the car was built. I have not got my box of O-rings here so will try to bodge it with PTFE tape :mad:

Thanks for the ideas :)

Maybe reach for the silicone.... :p But I hope the tape works!
Most people just keep the level lower.

Back