peugeot 406 climate control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,wondered if anybody has experienced the same prob and found the cure.i have a peugeot 406 with climate control,when working everything seems fine,but the fan only kicks in when it feels like it.someone said it might be a module behind the dashboard?,anybody know if this is true,if so what it looks like,and where behind the dashboard should i be looking for it?.

thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
I'm not familar with the climate specifically for a Peugeot 406, but I imagine most seem to operate on similar principles.

The fan motor may be controlled via a rheostat (resister with tappings at different resistances to give the different speeds) or an electronic version that achieves the same effect (I suspect this may be the module you refer to). In the past I've had to change one (Vauxhall) that had burnt out and stopped some speeds working. If this is the case, When the climate system selects certain speeds, the fan won't operate, but when it selects a setting past the fault, suddenly the fan will spring into life.

Some are mounted away from the fan, others are attached to it. Those that get hot are usually located where they can't be accidentally touched.

Can you operate the fan speed manually? If so, and the fan operates OK that's not your problem.

There could be a loose connection disturbed as the car moves. Try operating it with the car stationary when the fan is working. Does it keep going?

The fan motor could even be faulty. It's a case of elimination really. Have you tried a Peugeot owners forum, sometimes if it's a common fault with this model you may find other owners have come across it.

Here's an example of a blower fault on a 406 and the solution in this case.

http://forums.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-forums.showdiscussion/thread_id-17169/46818ac3.html

Sponsored Links
Back