Phillip Green hopes to get away with it...

Sponsored Links
For one.

IIRC, Greeks used to evade tax as a protest against a government, which later morphed into a default position.

Sponsored Links
One - Britain. If you can afford it.
But not a 'citizen's right' :rolleyes:

If anyone could show us if any EU country (as claimed) has it written in law that it is a 'citizen's right' to evade/avoid tax then please do so...

Otherwise it's merely anti EU rhetoric/fake news!

But not a 'citizen's right' :rolleyes:
I don't know. Does Britain have citizens yet?

Anyone who is wealthy can avail themselves of accountants to ensure they pay little or no tax. Is that a right?

I said above anyone who could afford it, but as proved with Jimmy Carr, a person not only has to be able to afford it but be wealthy and influential enough to tell Cameron and the like to mind their own business.

Whether anything is "written into law" is commonly irrelevant to whether it is permissible, or not.

(While we're playing semantics, of course).

Notwithstanding the above, if (legal) tax avoidance is not permissible, why do we have accountants?

Whether anything is "written into law" is commonly irrelevant to whether it is permissible, or not.
I'll take that as you realising that your initial ridiculous claim was just you talking out of your arse...

As usual (y)

And of course it will be so much easier for us to stop that sort of thing on our own than as part of a 28-nation bloc, won't it.
Tell that to the Irish Republic who were ordered by the EU to collect 13 billion euros in back taxes from the Apple corporation .
To date they haven't collected a penny from Apple.
The Republic of Ireland is the biggest tax avoidance haven in the world.

If anyone could show us if any EU country (as claimed) has it written in law that it is a 'citizen's right' to evade/avoid tax then please do so...
Tax avoidance is legal everywhere. It just means arranging your affairs such that you minimise the tax you pay according to the rules. If you don't break the rules you haven't done anything wrong.

Disclaimer - I have it at the back of my mind that the courts can rule very contrived, specious, avoidance schemes set up to create a wholly artificial position which avoids tax as unlawful.

The problem with avoidance is the legal ways that large companies can shift revenue, profits, expenses, and tax liabilities around the world, through networks of companies, and end up paying ⅜ of SFA.

Tell that to the Irish Republic who were ordered by the EU to collect 13 billion euros in back taxes from the Apple corporation .
To date they haven't collected a penny from Apple.
The Republic of Ireland is the biggest tax avoidance haven in the world.
Sooner or later they'll have to comply.

Sponsored Links
Back