Photoshop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Photoshop 7 but this can't work with RAW files, HDR, or Panoramic stitching and before I leave full time education I would like to up-grade.

At the moment I have a demo version of CS4 but seems my computer is much slower than college Macs and to combine 8 x 10 Megapixel images it took an hour where college one only took 10 mins.

We were told CS5 is due for release in new year and I have considered waiting and getting new version. However seeing how slow my PC is I wonder if I will be able to run CS5 or if it will be available in a student edition?

I am no artist and I want the program for my D-SLR and reading the reviews I wonder if the new features would really help me anyway.

Spot Healing and Fill tools in Patch Match with content aware do seem good but will it run on my PC? Also of course no prices. So is it worth the wait.

I of course realise no one can give a real answer as not released but would like to hear your thoughts?

Sponsored Links
You need this; http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/adobe_photoshop_elements_8_review/

90% of CS4 for 10% of the price, use the money you save for more ram :)

Not sure why but told by lecturer Elements is no good for 'A' level Digital photography course. Think missing HDR and Panoramic functions.

I know we had to move classrooms to where full version on Mac was installed.

I was all ready to buy CS4 under student deal around the £130 mark but if CS5 is on the way not so sure which is why I posted.

Sponsored Links
What PC have you got? Mine's about 4-5 years old and fine with CS4.
2.6 gig ps4 I think. Works with 1gig ram but a bit quicker with 3.
It's a bit slow for a stacking prog I use, where I combine say 100 off 12MP images

Back