Pilot keeps going out - Vokera Excel 80 SP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, my pilot light has started to go out and seems to be doing it more & more recently. It was given a full service 2 weeks before Xmas by an excellent guy recommended from this site (DP) and was running great until now, is there anything obvious I can look at myself before I get a gas engineer out - I am ok with electrical stuff and know my way round a multimeter. The fan was replaced last year as was the slow speed fan resistor. The boiler is now about 10 years old but DP has told me it is still in good order. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sorry 'collydug', but it sounds like you'll need to get Danny to have another look at it. As the fault is in the combustion chamber it's only a Gas Safe RGI that can fix it.

This repair has nothing to do with any other work that has been done on your boiler.
HTH
Regards
Tricky Dicky

Collydug, might be an idea if I look at the boiler to see what the cause is. The work carried out is guranteed for 12 months.

I assume the power control (left hand control) is not turned to OFF. This will indeed pop the pilot.

I assume the power control (left hand control) is not turned to OFF. This will indeed pop the pilot.

And in some cases cause the connections to the main heat exchanger to start leaking too!

Its essential to keep the power to these boilers turned ON because the fan turns slowly all the time to remove gasses and cool the boiler.

Most boilers dont make this clear enough on the control panel.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Check the pump poving switch isn't stuck (not in the combustion case) all this does is change the fan between high and low speed so if it's stuck in high, you'll have no low speed fan to dissapate the heat from the pilot.

usually just needs stripping out and cleaning, although a diaphragm is pretty cheap so i might be a good idea to change it anyways

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back