Pipe Sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I wok out wha pipe sizes I need to run both for central heating and hot/cold to bathrooms and kitchens. There are instances where there are two ensuites next to each other and I was thinking of 22mm and spur off with 15mm to the taps. For the rads something similar.

Sponsored Links
I would say 22 mm then reducing to 15mm for the heating.
As for hot water depends on what system you have.
If it is a combi then 15mm would be OK.If it is indirect or even unvented then I would run cold 15mm and hot 22mm then reduce down to feed basin showers etc.

Graham

What about using 10mm to the rads and the taps. Maybe using the John Guest manifold that is a 22mm to 10mm with 4 10mm outlets.

Sponsored Links
Rocket manifolds work ok,prefer the long line ones.

Only trouble with rockets are that you 10mm should only run a maximum length so you need to position the spot on.

10mm cold feed to toilets is also a useful tip.

I am a diyer doing a self build. i do intend getting a plumber but will also be doing work myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back