Pipe stat advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friend of mine has an oil boiler in the garage with a frost stat fitted. She says that when the frost stat operates the boiler, the room stat has no effect on turning the boiler off and has to run outside to the garage to switch off the boiler. Heating engineer carried out a service and she explained this, he said she needed a pipe stat fitting to work in conjunction with the already fitted frost stat. I don't normally touch heating electrics as mainly industrial but she has asked me to sort it. I have googled but can't find the answer I require. Does anyone have or can point me in the direction of a full wiring diagram of a combi oil boiler with frost / pipe stat wiring with a room stat also.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Just wire the new pipe stat in SERIES with the current frost stat.....

Simples!

you fit a pipe stat to the RETURN pipe on the boiler.

Disconnect a wire on the frost stat and route it thru the pipe stat.

Thus the frost stat operates, fires the boiler up, gets the pipes/circuit warm and the pipe stat actives and shuts down the boiler.

Thanks for the replies, so the frost stat and pipe stat are wired in parallel of the room stat hence she has no effect on the boiler with it when the frost stat kicks in. What is the temperature setting for the pipe stat normally set at.
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
The frost stat is not is parallel with the room stat - it bypasses the time control AND the room stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back