PIR light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just changed a outdoor light to a PIR motion sensor sensor fitting, it is also connected to a day/night photocell when I turned the power back on nothing happened, I tried disconnecting the separate photocell but still nothing happened and since changing the fitting the light above the garage that I haven't touched didn't come on when I turned the power back on

Sponsored Links
please post photos of all the connections.

Can you borrow a multimeter?

Try to follow the cable route, especially from the garage light to the supply. Is there one of these?

MKK337.JPG
CB4828.JPG

It contains a fuse that might have blown if you made a mistake

It's fed straight fromeo distribution board there's seems to a supply cable to the photocell and a supply cable to the light a cable from the photocell is then connected to the light along with the light supply. the new light has no earth connector so that is just in a terminal block

Sponsored Links
I wired it exactly as it was cant get lives and neutrals mixed up I'll remove the photocell from the circuit and see if that works

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back