PIR question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing a PIR today. MIMMS cable using metal sheath as CPC, how do I determine CSA of the CPC for schedule of circuit details. I am really not sure what to do on this, any suggestions are welcome

Sponsored Links
Doing a PIR today. MIMMS cable using metal sheath as CPC, how do I determine CSA of the CPC for schedule of circuit details. I am really not sure what to do on this, any suggestions are welcome

Do you mean MICC (pyro)
I have a table which lists "effective area of cable sheath in mm2"

If that is what you require
I cannot scan it but if you say the size I will look it up
amount of cores , size and whether light or heavy

Brilliant, thats exactly what I am after. I do not have my paperwork at hand at the moment, tomorrow I will post cable sizes etc..
By the way where did you get this info from?

Brilliant, thats exactly what I am after. I do not have my paperwork at hand at the moment, tomorrow I will post cable sizes etc..
By the way where did you get this info from?

It is an old book I have, the info is about 10 years old, but I would imagine it is the same.
it has R1 R2 values and nearly everything relating to pyro up to 240mm single core!! and 1.5 mm nineteen core!!
I did a lot of pyro once.

I dont know what other people use or how they fill the forms in nowadays though.
There may be something on the BICC or pyrotenax websites.

You are best to get size off the glands ie 2L2.5 or 2H2.5

I will post the popular sizes later anyway and let us know if you need any more.

Sponsored Links
These are from tables supplied from BICC
From what I recall though the sheath material is Phophorus Deoxidised Copper,which has a different resistivity to High Conductivity Copper , so it was necessary to convert the actual area to an equivalent area of HC Copper.
Unfortunately I cannot remember the actual fomula or whether this only applied to the bigger sizes, sorry.

Cross sectional area in mm squared
Effective area of cable sheath

2L1 ****** 5.4 mm2
3L1 ****** 6.7mm2

2L1.5 ****** 6.3 mm2
3L1.5 ****** 7.8 mm2
4L1.5 ****** 9.1 mm2

2H1.5 ****** 11 mm2
3H1.5 ****** 12 mm2
4H1.5 ****** 14 mm2

2L2.5 ****** 8.2 mm2
3L2.5 ****** 9.5 mm2
4L2.5 ****** 11 mm2

2H2.5 ****** 13 mm2
3H2.5 ****** 14 mm2
4H2.5 ****** 16 mm2

2L4 ****** 11 mm2
2H4 ****** 16 mm2

2H6 ****** 18 mm2
3H6 ****** 20 mm2

2H10 ****** 24mm2
3H10 ****** 27mm2

2H16 ****** 30mm2
3H16 ****** 34mm2

Thanks fellas for your replies. I need CPC CSA for sizes 1.5, 2.5, 4.0, 10.0 and 16.0
Is there somewhere or someone who can help me with this
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back