main earthing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, just after a bit of advice, (new to testing)
What is the minimum size cpc for the following sub mains to a flat.

16mm PVC cable
10mm pvc cable

I have completed a PIR on a few of flats that mainly have a 16mm or 10mm t&e sub mains feeding the DB with the earth of the t&e used as the main earth. Is this acceptable? Am i correct in saying a 16mm supply has to have a 10mm cpc to be passable on a PIR.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Providing the EFLI of all final circuits is low enough, and the submains does not supply any MEBs, then I don't see a real issue with using the CPC of the T&E.

Sponsored Links
How would you do the adiabatic if MEBs are present on say a TN-CS?
Need to know if there are MEBs present and supply type.

MEB's????? Meaning main earth bonding?? sorry a bit slow.
If so this is 10mm installed in mini trunking.

Yes thought about the adiabatic equation, i haven't done it for ages. Will try it. The flats are only small 1 bed and very basic.

How would you do the adiabatic if MEBs are present on say a TN-CS?
Need to know if there are MEBs present and supply type.

I worked out recently that a 6mm2 main earth was fine for each of four flats with TN-S supplies.
MEB conductors to the meters in the basement direct from the MET.

Correct, it does depend on the supply and layout.

If the CU in the flat supplies MEB(s) then the earth supply to the that CU must have a CSA equal to or greater than that of the MEB(s)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back