Pizza oven weight of structure - is it strong enough ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, this is my first post. I am nearing the end of my 6th brickwork project (retired photographer) I'm a bit concerned about the weight. I have calculated that the brick support base is supporting around 900 KG - nearing a metric ton !
The concrete base is a mix of ballast and cement 10 inches deep, with 12 mm rebar and steel mesh twice to strengthen.
Brickwork is English Bond. The granite circle is estimated at around 98 KG + cement and runs right across the base and has the dome oven to support. There are 147 fire bricks at 3.75 KG each ! There is a ceramic fibre blanket for insulation then fireproof cement screed followed by cement tile adhesive with marble mosaic tiling...ending with heatproof grout later on. So I reckon just short of a metric ton.
I want brick layers and builders opinions about the weight factors. It has bee standing now for over a month and no sign of any cracks at all.
Thanks to any opinions from professionals and amateurs alike.

Attachments

• brickwork forum 1.jpg
    brickwork forum 1.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 233
  • brickwork forum 2.jpg
    brickwork forum 2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 222
Sponsored Links
dunno about the structural side, but hey, that could double as a tandoori oven as well, imagine authentic woodfired pizza with tandoori chicken skewered pieces. Yum Yum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back