Plain old pipework?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops: I recently bought a victorian shower and want to fit above a bath. The plan is to take the hot and cold feed from the pipework feeding the hot and cold supply to the bath taps. I have 'dabbled' with plumbing before but I think this task is fairly straightforward. That said any suggestions as to where I should fit the isolating valves and the procedure for taking the new feed from the existing pipes?
Thanks in advance.
Walker88

Sponsored Links
I not a tradesman, but I am in the process of fitting a new shower. One other thing I believe the regs require is the fitting of a double check valve on the cold supply if it is fed from the mains. Oilman etc should be able to confirm this.

Thanks NStreet. I believe the shower will be supplied gravity fed from tank so not direct mains supply. Therefore assume no need for the valve you speak of. Also where can I get access to the relevant regs?
Rgds
W

Sponsored Links
OK on the regs. Do I need the water authority permission to install this shower? Its gravity fed to a mixer valve above the bath. I estimate there to be about half a meter of new connector pipe required from the feeds to the hot adn cold to the bath.

Possibly, give them a call, they'll tell you all you need to know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back