Planning a wet floor shower with underfloor heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some advice please.. I am planning to upgrade my en-suite to have a wet floor shower area, we also want to have under floor heating, I have spoken to colleagues at work, as I am a Plumber the drainage, and under floor heating is easy for me, but using a decoupling membrane for the underfloor heating and a water proof membrane for the wet floor, do you need to use both, (would the waterproof membrane act as a decoupling membrane), if both are needed which is first, the general consensus is, decoupling membrane on floor, then latex, then waterproof membrane, then tiling. Would you agree, or is there a completely different way I no nothing about. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
a de-coupling membrane will do the job this is also a waterproof membrane..(ditra)...

What is the floor substrate..
What type off tile is it...

Dependant on floor substrate..

Thinset onto floor use a 6mm serator
Ditra ontop off this use your grout float to pat it down..
Elect ufh
Latex slc over ufh(use a plastic trowel or piece off wood to level off)..this way you won't damage wiring..
Tile adhesive
Tiles
Seal tiles(if needed)
Grout
Seal again(if needed)..

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tictic,

The underfloor heating is a wet system under the floor boarding which is marine ply, and the tile is a Porcellanosa Sahara Marma 435 x 435 floor tile. Am I right to understand that you are saying the Ditra matting decoupling membrane is water proof enough for a wet floor shower area, considering that the joints butt together or do you seal the joint with something? we were considering a tanking membrane by Impey on top of the Ditra after SLC would this be necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back