Plants for the pots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a concrete base (our garden is almost 2 ft higher than the neighbour's) at the back of the garden which I'd like to cover with bark and puts some large pots. I've got no idea what would be the ideal plants for the pots which would be low maintenance (with young kids don't get much time to spend for gardening) and would survive winters.

Sponsored Links
can't you put the plants in the ground? Pots need to be watered frequently, and even more so in sunny weather. Some plants will grow horizontally ten or twenty from where the root is (e.g. grape vines, some roses)

I had a wisteria that grew about fifty feet (in time) being planted at the back of the house, running along the back, along the side, and along the front.

Sponsored Links
You have lots of choices in a sunny position. Go to the garden center and see what grabs your attention - though don’t make the mostake of only buying things that are already in flower.

Some things that I have or have had in (largish) pots in the sun: lillies, small azaleas, patio roses, various herbs, pelargoniums (not hardy), fuschias (hardy or not hardy), strawberries, alliums .....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back