plaster crack at electrical conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm decorating a room, and repairing a few plaster imperfections. One is a vertical hairline crack, really not too bad but noticeable. I raked out a little and found the edge of an electrical conduit. It's about 4 or 5mm deep (half multifinish and half sand/cement). Looks like plastic oval conduit, not sure how wide, but there's only one socket below.

So my question is, how best to repair the crack so I don't see it again? Is it possible? I don't think I hate it enough to bed the conduit in deeper. Now I go around my house, there's a few of these, so I'd like a good plan for them all.

Sponsored Links
if you have some a bit of plasterers fibreglass tape over it and then blend it in with plaster.

Yes, I have a roll of 50mm scrim tape. Do you mean dig down to the conduit in a 50mm wide channel?

Sponsored Links
OK yes, great, I can do that. Would easifill be suitable, or is there something better?

Another way

I'd rake out.
Masking either side.
Run some bolt resin down. Make it all solid so it won't move. It's rock hard stuff.
Pull tape before resin sets.
Allow 1mm depth for filler.
Toupret powdered filler over the following day.

My idea is to stop the conduit moving with temperature change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back