plaster crazing due to heat!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently installed a multifuel stove. I knocked out the chimmney breast and set my stove in the bottom of the chimmney breast. I dry lined the back and surrounding areas and within a month or 2 the plaster started to craze and crack due to the intense heat. I now realise that i should of maybe made the opening bigger to allow the heat to escape a bit easier but it is a little late now to alter the building work. Are there any suggestions on what i could do . Is plasterboard worse or better than old fashioned browning/bonding then skimming or is there a better way for the plaster to stand up to the heat.

Sponsored Links
next question where do you get heat resistant plaster from then. Do any of the main line merchants stock it like travis perkins etc

Sponsored Links
There is a phone number for "Envirograf" (the manufacturer) in the lower link above from Richard C, that will give you details of your nearest stockist.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back