Plaster drips on mist coat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
B9095CFD-A262-4691-9CFB-D7626D34A705.jpeg
hi folks,

I recently had my spare room skimmed and after doing a “mist coat” have found a good few marks which don’t appear to be taking the paint - images attached.

Any ideas why and how to remove or will they disappear when I put a final coat on it ?

Attachments

• 0C3B882C-8762-40FB-B260-79181BD8FB5E.jpeg
    0C3B882C-8762-40FB-B260-79181BD8FB5E.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 97
Sponsored Links
they might be glue, in which case scrub them off and wipe dry. This likely if the paint won't adhere. Plasterers like PVA, which is water-soluble.

If they are watery plaster splashes, scrape off.

they might be glue, in which case scrub them off and wipe dry. This likely if the paint won't adhere. Plasterers like PVA, which is water-soluble.

If they are watery plaster splashes, scrape off.

Some of the areas had wee hard bits of plaster which I assume dropped off when doing the roof. I removed these and sanded down a tab in the hope that they wouldn’t show but I’m now worried they will show when painted

give them a couple of mist coats, and if necessary feather them in with a very small brush. If you roller the wall, the thick paint will give it a texture that hides slight imperfections.

IMO it is better to scrape plaster than to sand it - which can leave a rough gritty patch. Fine surface filler, smudged over very thin and pressed hard with a metal knife, may hide it. So thin that you can see through it.

Sponsored Links
give them a couple of mist coats, and if necessary feather them in with a very small brush. If you roller the wall, the thick paint will give it a texture that hides slight imperfections.

IMO it is better to scrape plaster than to sand it - which can leave a rough gritty patch. Fine surface filler, smudged over very thin and pressed hard with a metal knife, may hide it. So thin that you can see through it.

Thanks John.

Ditto John, pva which will clean off with warm soapy water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back