Plaster on rising main causing issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve recently had my kitchen plastered (just a skim coat but thicker in places to fill some holes).

The rising main has been exposed after knocking down a wall and the plasterer has plastered straight onto this (photo below).
CD15E118-444A-4D50-BCFC-830E3FDFB6D2.jpeg

I have access to the other side of this wall which is where the stopcock is and I can see a big lump of plaster on the rising main. Just by this is a joint that seems to have condensation on it and condensation also seems to be forming on the rock wool insulation around the pipe that goes from the stopcock around the house. This condensation is dripping onto the PRV and stopcock creating green oxidisation.
72810323-66E8-49B2-B8D2-75D7080B8C1A.jpeg

199CA5B3-0287-47A7-A25C-16971E133AA1.jpeg
F53B4C41-A390-4C49-B686-6808B4CAC47C.jpeg

can all this be caused by the plaster on the pipe and the moisture from the plaster drying and should I remove any plaster touching the pipe?

thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I think I would remove the plaster touching it. In winter with the mains water being cold, all the moisture/steam in the air will condense on that cold pipe. Maybe with a LOT of insulation, you could minimise it nit I would go with what you suggest and remove anything making contact with the pipe. It will still condense onto the floor though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back